Support our Work
Positive Help is a small independent charity. We rely on our supporters to offer us what we need, so that we can continue to offer local people what they need. Pass on the goodwill!
Thank you so much for any help you can offer.
How can I help?
Whatever you can give, every donation makes a real and lasting difference.
- £2.50 provides Home Support materials for two families or households to keep their home clean.
- £6 allows a Study Buddies Mentor to collect a child or young person for their learning session, then drop them home.
- £12 gives two people transport to vital appointments for a month.
- £50 gives a child a Befriending session with their own Befriender. This covers all transport, entrance tickets, refreshments and background costs.
- £150 pays for 12 volunteers to recieve First Aid training.
How do I donate?
- Give monthly, or a one-off gift through JustGiving.
- Bank transfer to Positive Help. Account number: 20240507, sort code: 60-83-01.
- Post a cheque to Positive Help, 1st Floor, 139 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4JY.
- Give As You Earn through payroll giving we will receive £1 for every 80p you donate.
- Pop into our office for a face-to-face thank you if you’d like to give cash!
Fundraise for us
So many sponsored events are available throughout the year. If you would like to fundraise for Positive Help we can to help you set up a Just Giving page, offer tips on collecting more sponsors and even provide a running vest if you’re going to be getting active.
Just contact Gwen on 0131 225 4766 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Edinburgh Marathon 2016 – Positive Help Team Perez
Raise funds when you shop online
Easy Fundraising give us a percentage from each purchase.
Offer your time
As well as regular volunteering, we have a number of one-off and group volunteer opportunities. Call 0131 225 4766 to see if you can help out.
Tailored corporate team days are also available. A team leader on a corporate day told us “It’s amazing to meet the person you’re helping, and to see the difference you’re making right there in front of you.”
Positive Help relies on our fantastic volunteers, individual donors and supporters. We would like to thank them all for their continuing support.
We also wish to thank a number of grant making Trusts and Foundations that support our work throughout the year.
The Albert Hunt Trust
Bank of Scotland Foundation
We acknowledge the support of the Scottish Government through a CYPFEIF and ALEC Fund Grant
The R S Brownless Charitable Trust
The Christina Mary Hendrie Trust for Scottish and Canadian Charities
Funded by The VOLANT Charitable Trust, and First State Investments, through Foundation Scotland
Gordon Fraser Charitable Trust
The Inchyre Trust
Sir James Miller Edinburgh Trust
Mac Aids Fund
Openwork’s Cash for Kids
The RS McDonald Charitable Trust
The Souter Charitable Trust
The Stafford Trust
John Watson’s Trust
Widowers’ Children’s Homes Trust
The John K Young Endowment Fund
Cash for Kids (Forth Radio)